How Can You Help? This is a growing but daunting ministry due to the great need. There are many ways to help as the many current volunteers and contributors have learned.
Professional Volunteers Needed
- Painter, with experience in spray painting
- Pro bono auditor
- Volunteer accountant
- Pray for the more than 20 Million persons in the world who have lost the use of their legs through polio, landmines, war amputations, earthquake amputations, crocodiles, etc.
- Give/Raise Funds: This is always basic. It takes money to buy metal and parts, to weld, to package, to ship, and to distribute. Ask — and you shall receive – is the message of scripture. Be creative.
- Find People with welding, metalworking, or woodworking skills who will agree to help build PET parts. Help them with expenses–buy the metal, etc. Help them ship it to a PET Place.
- Find Businesses that sell or make “off the shelf” items needed for the PETs. Get them to donate or sell to you at no profit. Send the items to a PET Place.
- Talk about the PET Project. Promote. Gossip about it. Say to folks in conversation, “Our church is doing a fascinating mission project…” Tell the story.
- Link your website to ours. In your church/business website provide a brief introduction to PET’s mission of mobility and then link to our website at www.petcarlisleinc.org.
- Volunteer. Contact us by filling out the form below. In the comment field, list any way in which you might be interested in helping, including any special skills.